NAREIT is co-hosting a complimentary, one-day event to discuss results of leading REIT and real estate investment research papers submitted to the American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, publisher of Real Estate Economics, the premier academic journal for real estate investment related topics. This event takes place on June 4, one day before REITWeek begins.
Important research will be presented including:
- Can Securitization Work? Lessons from the U.S. REIT Market, presented by Timothy Riddiough, E.J. Plesko Chair in the Department of Real Estate and Urban Economics, University of Wisconsin School of Business
- Returns, Volatility, and Information Transmission Dynamics in Public and Private Real Estate Markets, presented by David Ling, McGurn Professor in the Department of Finance, Insurance and Real Estate, Hough Graduate School of Business, University of Florida
- REIT and Commercial Real Estate Returns: A Post Mortem of the Financial Crisis, presented by Sheridan Titman, Professor of Finance, McCombs School of Business, University of Texas at Austin
- Macroeconomic Risk Factors in the Returns from International Real Estate Securities, presented by Eva Steiner, Department of Land Economy, University of Cambridge and Susan M. Wachter, Worley Professor of Financial Management and Professor of Real Estate Finance, Wharton Real Estate Department, University of Pennsylvania
- Sources of Risk Spillovers among U.S. REITs: Asset Similarities and Regional Proximity, presented by Zeno Adams, Post-Doctoral Research Fellow, Swiss Institute of Banking and Finance, University of St. Gallen
This event is complimentary and open to anyone interested in the latest research related to REITs. To attend the REIT Research Conference, a separate registration form from REITWeek must be completed.
Real Estate Research Conference Program Directors
View the Schedule