Thank you for your interest in the National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts® (NAREIT). NAREIT is the worldwide representative voice for REITs and publicly traded real estate companies with an interest in U.S. real estate and capital markets. NAREIT's members are REITs and other businesses throughout the world that own, operate and finance income-producing real estate, as well as those firms and individuals who advise, study and service those businesses.
NAREIT brings together a diverse group of professionals sharing a common interest in real estate investment. To meet the needs of each individual group, NAREIT has two primary levels of membership:
- Corporate Member - Only available to real estate investment trusts and publicly traded real estate companies.
- Individual Member - Only available to individuals who provide support and services to REITs and the publicly traded real estate industry. Within the Individual Membership category, we offer two different memberships to best meet the needs of employees of for-profit and tax-exempt entities as well as academics.
NAREIT provides numerous programs, publications and services to its members as well as to nonmembers. Although nonmembers are eligible for several important educational and networking resources, members are entitled to additional benefits and cost savings noted on this site. NAREIT provides its members:
- Representation before national and state policymakers affecting the REIT and publicly traded real estate industry
- A voice for the publicly traded real estate industry with the financial media and the investment marketplace
- Numerous opportunities for leaders of REITs and publicly traded real estate companies to network among themselves and with a variety of service providers in the real estate industry
- Opportunities to participate on NAREIT committees and to work side-by-side with other industry leaders to shape policies that address key industry issues. Committees include: Accounting, Government Relations, Insurance, and Investor Relations
- An annual online member directory, the NAREIT Handbook, that provides ready access to corporate and associate members. This information is available on the NAREIT Web site and is updated weekly
- REIT, NAREIT's bi-monthly magazine that addresses a variety of REIT, capital markets and real estate-related issues
- Access to the latest industry research information about REITs on the NAREIT Web site Over 2,000 REITs, real estate companies, investors, industry professionals, and academics take advantage of membership in NAREIT and our related resources; many more purchase publications and attend events through NAREIT. I encourage you to browse through the Web site and, if not already a member, to become a member yourself.