articlesCEM Benchmarking Releases Direct Comparative Study on Defined Benefit Pension Fund Performance and Costs
Data from over 300 pension funds found listed equity REITs to be the top-performing asset class overall, with significantly lower fees than other real and alternative assets.
Interest rate concerns play major role in shaping market sentiment, analysts say.
NAREIT’s Calvin Schnure sees “solid set of fundamentals” in place for fourth quarter.
REITs still offering stronger returns than other investments on a longer term basis, Case says.
Investors report widespread optimism about direction of real estate market.
REITWiseREITWise 2014®: NAREIT's Law, Accounting & Finance Conference® provides attendees with a broad, yet focused educational program that presents a clear picture of current political, economic and market events that impact legal, financial and accounting operations within REITs and publicly... Read More
VideosTom Klaritch, executive vice president of medical office properties for health care REIT HCP, Inc. (NYSE: HCP), joined REIT.com for a video interview at NAREIT’s 2014 Leader in the Light Working Forum in San Francisco. HCP won a 2013 Leader in the Light Award in the health care category. Klaritch... Read More
VideosKeven Lindemann, director of research firm SNL Financial’s real estate group, joined REIT.com for a video interview to look back at REITs’ activity in the capital markets in 2013 and look ahead to 2014. Lindemann broke down the different sources of capital raises for REITs in 2013 and how they... Read More
READ THE SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER REIT MAGAZINE
- David Auerbach of Esposito Securities shares his notes from the street - t.co/bGZzKih5kn
- Alexandria Real Estate Equities rides the biotech innovation boom - t.co/mTCM1pq4Fn
- #REITs a cornerstone of $30 billion UPS pension portfolio - t.co/n4G9EkKlvj
- Congratulations to the #REIT executives featured in Harvard Business Review’s Top 100 CEO list: t.co/1FXGSqJdps
- Looking For A Strong Finish To 2014? Try Mortgage #REITs. t.co/8iCZ9bZOwo
- SEC reports record number of enforcement actions
- Fed's Bullard calls for continuation of bond-purchase program
- Taubman's $315M Fla. mall opens
- Vornado's Springfield Town Center opens after $250M renovation
- 4 REIT execs are ranked among Harvard Business Review's Top 100
- Regulators worry about asset managers' high-risk bond holdings
- International interest picks up in South Africa's REITs
- REIT structure helps draw international investors to Bulgaria
REITs in the News