CEOs of Simon Property Group, American Tower, Public Storage, and Ventas included.
articlesCEM Benchmarking Releases Direct Comparative Study on Defined Benefit Pension Fund Performance and Costs
Data from over 300 pension funds found listed equity REITs to be the top-performing asset class overall, with significantly lower fees than other real and alternative assets.
UPS Group Trust’s Greg Spick says he looks to REITs first when building a real estate position.
NAREIT’s Calvin Schnure sees “solid set of fundamentals” in place for fourth quarter.
REITWiseREITWise 2014®: NAREIT's Law, Accounting & Finance Conference® provides attendees with a broad, yet focused educational program that presents a clear picture of current political, economic and market events that impact legal, financial and accounting operations within REITs and publicly... Read More
VideosTom Klaritch, executive vice president of medical office properties for health care REIT HCP, Inc. (NYSE: HCP), joined REIT.com for a video interview at NAREIT’s 2014 Leader in the Light Working Forum in San Francisco. HCP won a 2013 Leader in the Light Award in the health care category. Klaritch... Read More
VideosKeven Lindemann, director of research firm SNL Financial’s real estate group, joined REIT.com for a video interview to look back at REITs’ activity in the capital markets in 2013 and look ahead to 2014. Lindemann broke down the different sources of capital raises for REITs in 2013 and how they... Read More
READ THE SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER REIT MAGAZINE
- Asian investment in U.S. multifamily assets on track for record year - t.co/yHDTIP9yTK
- Corvex Capital CEO: Crown Castle is "best combination of real estate and telco" t.co/hguoRGmiCw
- Extra Space Storage uses SEO to raise profile, market share - t.co/UfMjDyVywV
- Millennials don’t want cubicles.“The nature of the whole workplace has evolved.” - t.co/djEefJpFp9
- Starwood Capital CEO: Property market is in a good spot - t.co/rRp3TwxUx0
- Economists: U.S. long-term growth is linked to other economies
- Mortgage risk-retention rules move ahead
- Extra Space Storage uses SEO to raise profile, market share
- Equity Residential eyes Boston apartment tower
- San Francisco's tech-driven office boom is not spreading locally
- Asian investment in U.S. multifamily assets on track for record year
- Corvex Capital CEO: Crown Castle is "best combination of real estate and telco"
- Risk-retention rules are expected to make CMBS more costly
REITs in the News