NAREIT’s Brad Case points to strength in infrastructure, residential REIT sectors in July.
REITs are adapting to the needs of a new generation of consumers: the millennials.
Mall REIT Macerich and its CEO Art Coppola face online shopping head-on.
Data collection increasingly important as reporting standards emerge.
Ashford Hospitality CEO Monty Bennett juggles spin-offs, new platforms and social media.
A.T. Kearney study underscores importance of brick-and-mortar to online sales.
REITWiseREITWise 2014®: NAREIT's Law, Accounting & Finance Conference® provides attendees with a broad, yet focused educational program that presents a clear picture of current political, economic and market events that impact legal, financial and accounting operations within REITs and publicly... Read More
VideosTom Klaritch, executive vice president of medical office properties for health care REIT HCP, Inc. (NYSE: HCP), joined REIT.com for a video interview at NAREIT’s 2014 Leader in the Light Working Forum in San Francisco. HCP won a 2013 Leader in the Light Award in the health care category. Klaritch... Read More
VideosKeven Lindemann, director of research firm SNL Financial’s real estate group, joined REIT.com for a video interview to look back at REITs’ activity in the capital markets in 2013 and look ahead to 2014. Lindemann broke down the different sources of capital raises for REITs in 2013 and how they... Read More
- Earlier this year, shopping center REIT Regency Centers Corp became the first REIT to issue “green” bonds. t.co/wNvuOTgjEg
- New York REIT Inc. agreed to pay $335 million for Twitter Inc.’s East Coast headquarters: t.co/MjDiJ71seG
- Life Time Fitness proposes REIT spinoff: t.co/T06puZxuOr
- REITs must now juggle the so-called "triple bottom line" - social, environmental and financial. t.co/wSJDbgD8eX
- Art Coppola, chairman and CEO of Macerich: "E-commerce is not a threat to well-located regional malls." t.co/GgmzXh214F
- Wells Fargo might avoid risky borrowers, CEO says
- SEC to set rules on how rating firms grade debt
- NASAA to propose new guidelines for public, non-listed REITs
- Highwood Properties sells 11 office buildings for $40.7M
- CubeSmart adds 26 facilities in 7 states
- Prologis wants FTZ status for park in Miami-Dade
- Financing proposed to advance N.Y. Penn Station project
- Renters have edge in D.C. multifamily market
REITs in the News