Transparency, tenant engagement, guest involvement among trends highlighted.
Analysts say health care REITs continue to seek high-quality senior housing portfolios.
There’s a catchphrase at Urstadt Biddle that underscores its vision: Little is lovely, profits are sanity, and size is vanity.
U.S. REITs continue to benefit from low interest rates and positive fundamentals, analysts say.
Venture capitalist Kevin O'Leary of ABC's "Shark Tank" discusses investment benefits of REITs on popular reality show.
VideosTom Klaritch, executive vice president of medical office properties for health care REIT HCP, Inc. (NYSE: HCP), joined REIT.com for a video interview at NAREIT’s 2014 Leader in the Light Working Forum in San Francisco. HCP won a 2013 Leader in the Light Award in the health care category. Klaritch... Read More
VideosKeven Lindemann, director of research firm SNL Financial’s real estate group, joined REIT.com for a video interview to look back at REITs’ activity in the capital markets in 2013 and look ahead to 2014. Lindemann broke down the different sources of capital raises for REITs in 2013 and how they... Read More
VideosCindy Jacobs, senior advisor at the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) Energy Star Program, joined REIT.com for a video interview at NAREIT’s 2014 Leader in the Light Working Forum in San Francisco. Energy Star was established in 1992 and is a voluntary program that helps businesses and... Read More
READ THE JANUARY/FEBRUARY REIT MAGAZINE
- DiamondRock buys Calif.'s Shorebreak Hotel, hires Kimpton as its manager - t.co/s5NiaFt3tT
- Standard General to make a play for RadioShack stores - t.co/4EtsWlevF8
- Invesco Mortgage rides high on Fannie, Freddie debt - t.co/JQCvzxUV3p
- “Office is the one sector—even in San Francisco—that remains below peak profitability and peak revenue generation,”- t.co/Ss5DL51ogp
- Hudson's Bay forms property ventures with Simon, RioCan - t.co/Tnbe3Pu36v
- First-time jobless claims in U.S. increase to 313,000
- Spending by international visitors up 4%
- U.S. consumer inflation turns negative for past year
- CNL Healthcare buys 2 medical office buildings for $64.61M
- Report: Target may leave Canada's malls better off
- Hudson's Bay chief: JVs are growth vehicles, great for retail
- WP Glimcher partners with O'Connor Capital on 5 malls
- Dutch pension fund joins the call for ARC board changes
REITs in the News
- Forest City Announces Exchanges of $248.3 Million of Senior Notes for Common Stock
- SIMON PROPERTY GROUP INC /DE/ Files SEC form 10-K, Annual Report
- American Homes 4 Rent Announces Home Price Appreciation Amounts for its 5% Series A, 5% Series B and 5.5% Series C Participating Preferred Shares
- Fannie Mae National Housing Survey shows economic perceptions