Declining vacancy rates and rising rents are expected to support prices, REIT returns.
Newer sectors more active raising capital.
Steven Marks of Fitch Ratings says GICS move may increase appeal of raising capital through equity issuances.
NAREIT’s Case not persuaded by arguments that REITs are nearing end of market cycle.
Kilroy founded predecessor to West Coast REIT in 1952.
- Fed expected to put off rate hike until Dec.
- Cousins sells controlling stake in Two Liberty Place
- NYC construction on track for record
- Hotel sales dropped 55% in the first half of 2016
- Senior-housing sales at slowest pace since 2013
- Smaller European countries attract investment
- Brexit creates new investment opportunities in European cities
- Japan's rising prices slow global investment