NAREIT’s Brad Case points to strength in infrastructure, residential REIT sectors in July.
REITs are adapting to the needs of a new generation of consumers: the millennials.
Mall REIT Macerich and its CEO Art Coppola face online shopping head-on.
Data collection increasingly important as reporting standards emerge.
Ashford Hospitality CEO Monty Bennett juggles spin-offs, new platforms and social media.
A.T. Kearney study underscores importance of brick-and-mortar to online sales.
REITWiseREITWise 2014®: NAREIT's Law, Accounting & Finance Conference® provides attendees with a broad, yet focused educational program that presents a clear picture of current political, economic and market events that impact legal, financial and accounting operations within REITs and publicly... Read More
VideosTom Klaritch, executive vice president of medical office properties for health care REIT HCP, Inc. (NYSE: HCP), joined REIT.com for a video interview at NAREIT’s 2014 Leader in the Light Working Forum in San Francisco. HCP won a 2013 Leader in the Light Award in the health care category. Klaritch... Read More
VideosKeven Lindemann, director of research firm SNL Financial’s real estate group, joined REIT.com for a video interview to look back at REITs’ activity in the capital markets in 2013 and look ahead to 2014. Lindemann broke down the different sources of capital raises for REITs in 2013 and how they... Read More
- Inside the downtown Los Angeles office renaissance: t.co/Rw7a7C9H7X
- Paramount said to plan biggest #REIT IPO at $2.5 Billion: t.co/fN4OxEfIf0
- Increased demand for #CRE is causing the price of assets to overtake their value in certain property sectors: t.co/QBwFK8Y0xN
- Storage returned 101 percent from the beginning of 2008 through 2011, outperforming all other REIT categories. t.co/3Siol4QhSl
- 20% of the total square footage of the assets of 121 U.S. Equity REITs fall under sustainability disclosure laws - t.co/wSJDbgD8eX
- New rules require management to alert investors to "going concern" status
- Regulators expected to re-propose margin requirements for swaps
- Report: Proposed rule to raise mortgage costs for borrowers, protect FHFA
- House works quietly on terrorism insurance bill
- SEC mandates that ABS issuers provide more loan data
- Bangkok Land to launch Thailand's first REIT
- Commentary: Interest rate movement could depend on bank stress tests
- Nonbank lenders making more mortgages
REITs in the News