Today, over 30 countries around the world have adopted REIT legislation. By using our experience to provide background information or written comments to government officials from countries like the United Kingdom, Germany, Japan and South Africa, NAREIT continues to ensure that the U.S. REIT model remains the predominant approach across the globe.
- FINRA’s Customer Account Statement Proposed Rule - 2/19/14
- NAREIT and PNLR Council letter to the SEC Requesting an Extension for the Comment Period for SEC File No. SR-FINRA 2014-006 (Notice of Filing of a Proposed Rule Change Relating to Per Share Estimated Valuations for Unlisted DPP and REITs) - 2/14/14
- Industry Letter to Federal Reserve, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, and the Office of the Comptroller of Currency on the Proposed Liquidity Coverage Ratio Rules - 1/31/14
- National Real Estate Organizations' Letter to Board of Governors of the Reserve System, the Office of the Comptroller of Currency and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation on the Proposal entitled “Liquidity Coverage Ratio: Liquidity Risk Measurement, Standards, and Monitoring" - 1/31/14
- NAREIT FirstBrief Describing SEC Staff’s Update of its Financial Reporting Manual Regarding Real Estate Acquisitions and its Disclosure Topic No. 6 Regarding Various PNLR Issues - 7/17/13
On December 23, 2013, NAREIT asked the IRS for changes to Form 1120-REIT.
On December 9, 2013, NAREIT submitted comments on proposed built-in loss regulations.
On August 29, 2013, NAREIT Comments on Form 8875 Regarding Taxable REIT Subsidiary Elections
On July 13, 2012, NAREIT submitted comments on proposed built-in gains regulations.
On June 15, 2012, the IRS issued Rev. Rul. 2012-17, holding that money market funds are cash items for purposes of the 75% asset test.
Check out the latest facts and figures for REITPAC.