REIT Industry Monthly Data for February 2021
- FTSE Nareit All REITs equity market capitalization = $1.282 trillion
- FTSE Nareit All Equity REITs equity market capitalization = $1.204 trillion
- 221 REITs are in the FTSE Nareit All REITs Index.
- 185 REITs trade on the New York Stock Exchange.
- NYSE listed REITs equity market capitalization = $1.115 trillion
- FTSE Nareit All REITs: 3.72%
- FTSE Nareit All Equity REITs: 3.46%
- S&P 500: 1.54%
- Listed REITs (equity REITs and mREITs) paid out approximately $63.2 billion and public non-listed REITs paid out approximately $3.7 billion in dividends during 2019.
- By market cap-weighted average, 74 percent of the annual dividends paid by REITs qualify as ordinary taxable income, 13 percent qualify as return of capital and 13 percent qualify as long-term capital gains in 2019.
Leverage and Coverage Ratios
(Balance sheet data as of Q4 2020)
All Equity REITs
- Debt Ratio: 32.3%
- Coverage Ratio: 4.6x
Average Daily Dollar Trading Volume
- February 2021: $8.3 billion
- February 2016: $7.0 billion
- February 2011: $3.6 billion
Data as of February 28, 2021, except where noted.
All data are derived from, and apply only to, listed U.S. REITs unless otherwise noted.