Last Updated: March 2023
The National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts, Inc. (dba Nareit) (“Nareit,” “we,” “ us,” or “our”) respects your privacy and is committed to collecting and using your personal information in an open and transparent manner.
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
A “cookie” is a small text file placed on your browser by the websites that you visit. Cookies are used for various purposes, including to distinguish you from other users, make your site navigation more efficient, help remember your preferences, enhance your browsing experience, and improve the use and functionality of the Site. They can also enable the delivery of relevant and personalized advertisements to you.
Cookies can be distinguished on the basis of their origin as follows:
- First-party cookies. These are cookies that are stored by the website you are visiting and allow website owners to remember your preferences/settings and perform other useful functions that provide a good user experience.
- Third-party cookies. These are cookies that are stored by a domain other than that of the website you are visiting and are typically used for analytics and/or interest-based advertising purposes.
Additional information about the specific types of cookies used on the Site can be found below.
WHAT TYPES OF COOKIES DO WE USE?
We (and our service providers and partners) use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary/technical cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of the Site. They are usually set in response to actions taken by you, such as setting your preferences or filling in forms, and they are required to provide the Site or certain services or features.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies are used to recognize you when you return to the Site. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (e.g., companies or funds you have chosen to follow).
- Analytics/performance cookies. These cookies allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around and use the Site. This helps us to improve the performance of the Site. For example, we use Google Analytics, a web analytics tools that may set cookies, to collect statistical information that enables us to understand who is using the Site and improve how we present content on the Site. To learn more about Google Analytics’ data practices, please visit this page. To disable Google Analytics, please download and install the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, which is available here.
- Targeting/advertising cookies. These cookies, which may be set by us or our advertising partners (including social media platforms) uniquely identify your browser and device and observe your behavior and browsing activities over time and across multiple websites or platforms. This enables us (and our advertising partners) to show you relevant advertisements (both on or off of the Site) and measure the performance of such advertisements.
ARE THERE ANY THIRD-PARTY COOKIES ON THE SITE?
Cookies provided by third parties (including, for example, advertising networks, social media platforms, and analytics providers) may be placed on the Site. These cookies are likely to be analytics/performance cookies or targeting/advertising cookies.
HOW DO I CONTROL COOKIES?