NAREIT and the New York Stock Exchange are partnering to host the first ever REIT Investor Relations Symposium. This invitation-only event is taking place in the NYSE Board Room on June 5 – the day before REITWeek® 2017: NAREIT's Investor Forum®.
This inaugural event will offer networking opportunities, including several expert panels, a luncheon, and the opportunity for the REIT Investor Relations Community to ring the closing bell at the New York Stock Exchange.
NYSE DIRECTIONS AND SECURITY PROCEDURES FOR GUESTS:
- Guests should arrive at the external security checkpoint located in the blue tent at 2 Broad Street at the corner of Wall and Broad Streets.
- All guests are required to show a government issued photo ID (i.e., valid driver’s license or passport) and go through airport-like security upon entering the NYSE.
- Public transportation is recommended. Subway: 2/3 to Wall St.; 4/5 to Wall St./Broadway; J/Z to Broad St./Wall St., R/W to Rector St. Car/Taxi: Drop off at Broadway and Wall St. Parking garage information is available upon request.
Registration for this invitation-only event is complimentary but you must reserve your spot to attend.
Monday, June 5 11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Check-In 12:00 p.m. - 12:45 p.m. Networking Lunch in the NYSE Big Board Club 12:45 p.m. - 12:55 p.m.
Jim Byrne, Head of U.S. Listings, NYSE
Steve Wechsler, President & CEO, NAREIT
12:55 p.m. - 1:40 p.m. Session 1: Telling a Compelling and Differentiated Story to the Street
- Understand how REIT investors and analysts consume messaging and content.
- Highlight effective guidance practices and qualitative and quantitative metrics that help the Street evaluate future performance.
- Learn what messaging and material is overused in the industry and not highly valued by investors.
Catherine Creswell, SVP-Investor Relations, Vornado Realty Trust
Laurel Durkay, VP-Associate Portfolio Manager, Cohen & Steers Capital Management
James Feldman, Director & REIT Analyst, Bank of America Merrill Lynch
Kristen Kuney, Portfolio Manager, Goldman Sachs & Co.
1:40 p.m. - 1:50 p.m. Networking Break 1:50 p.m. - 2:35 p.m. Session 2: Understanding Market Structure for REITs
- Overview of market structure and what it means for the REIT industry.
- Recap of REIT industry trading metrics. (volume, volatility, investor demand, etc.)
- Explanation of the role Designated Market Makers play in supporting equity trading.
- How IROs can leverage exchange relationships to be better informed.
Ronald Bohlert, Lead–Real Estate & Insurance, New York Stock Exchange
Jason Hardzewicz, Trader, GTS
Patrick King, Trader, Citadel Securities
James Woods, Trader, IMC
2:35 p.m. - 2:45 p.m. Networking Break 2:45 p.m. - 3:30 p.m. Session 3: View of IR from the Top: Fireside Chat with Veteran REIT CFOs
- Understand how the C-suite measures the success of an IR program.
- Discuss ongoing changes to financial reporting practices and what that means for IR.
- Learn tactical steps on how IR can help make the CFO's job easier.
- Review necessary skills to help IROs continue to advance within the REIT structure.
David Bujnicki, SVP - Investor Relations & Strategy, Kimco Realty Corporation
Andrew Blocher, EVP & CFO, First Potomac Realty Trust
David Karp, EVP & CFO, Empire State Realty Trust
Pam Kessler, EVP, CFO & Secretary, LTC Properties, Inc.
3:30 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. NYSE Closing Bell