Nareit's annual Leader in the Light ® Awards honor Nareit member companies that have demonstrated superior and sustained sustainability practices.
In 2023, there are awards in nine property sectors and one for individual leadership.
Nareit has been presenting the Leader in the Light awards since 2005. In 2012, the Leader in the Light program migrated into and became linked to the Global Real Estate Sustainability Benchmark (GRESB) Survey. GRESB is an organization based in Amsterdam committed to assessing the sustainability performance of real assets across the world.
To participate in the Leader in the Light Awards program, Nareit members must complete both the GRESB Assessment and the Leader in the Light Supplement. The deadline for submission of both the GRESB Assessment and the Leader in the Light Supplement is July 1.
If you are interested in applying for the Leader in the Light Awards, you can find more information here .
- Data Centers: Digital Realty (NYSE: DLR)
- Diversified: JBG SMITH (NYSE: JBGS) and Vornado Realty Trust (NYSE: VNO)
- Health Care: Physicians Realty Trust (NYSE: DOC)
- Industrial: Prologis, Inc. (NYSE: PLD)
- Lodging / Resorts: Park Hotels & Resorts (NYSE: PK)
- Office: Hudson Pacific Properties, Inc. (NYSE: HPP)
- Residential: Veris Residential, Inc. (NYSE: VRE)
- Retail: Kimco Realty Corporation (NYSE: KIM)
- Self-storage: Public Storage (NYSE: PSA)
Leadership Personified award: Michael Chang, vice president of energy and sustainability at Host Hotels & Resorts, Inc.