6/6/2017 | By Sarah Borchersen-Keto
The winners of Nareit’s 2017 Investor CARE Awards, which honor excellence in communications and reporting to shareholders, were announced on June 6 in New York at REITWeek 2017: Nareit’s Investor Forum.
In the large cap Equity REIT category, the Gold Award went to UDR, Inc. (NYSE: UDR). GGP, Inc. (NYSE: GGP) received the Silver Award, while the Bronze Award went to Brixmor Property Group, Inc. (NYSE: BRX).
In the small cap Equity REIT category, Pebblebrook Hotel Trust (NYSE: PEB) was awarded Gold, while Pennsylvania Real Estate Investment Trust (NYSE: PEI) received the Silver Award and Summit Hotel Properties, Inc. (NYSE: INN) won Bronze.
“The REIT industry is well recognized by the investment community for the transparency and clarity of its financial reporting and the accessibility to shareholders of its management,” said Nareit President and CEO Steven Wechsler.
Judging criteria consisted of online presence, including a company’s web site; quality of SEC filings; and investor relations practices, including the quality of earnings calls and management’s accessibility to investors.
This is the 17th year that Nareit has given out the awards. This year’s judges included:
- The Chilton REIT team, including Bruce Garrison, Matt Werner, Blane Cheatham and Parker Rhea;
- Steve DeLaney of JMP Securities, LLC;
- Gautam Garg of Lazard Asset Management;
- Bose George of Keefe Bruyette & Woods;
- Keven Lindemann of S&P Global Market Intelligence;
- David Loeb of Dirigo Consulting LLC;
- PGIM Real Estate; and
- RBC Capital Markets and the RBC REIT Team.