American Tower’s Taiclet Named to Forbes Hall of Fame

American Tower Corp. (NYSE: AMT) Chairman and CEO Jim Taiclet has been named to Forbes Magazine’s 2015 Global 2000 CEO Hall of Fame.

In compiling its 2015 list, Forbes looked at those companies that made the biggest move up its list of the world’s largest companies during the past decade. Forbes narrowed that group down to 128 companies that had the same CEO for the entire period and made the list every year.

American Tower is an independent owner, operator and developer of wireless and broadcast communication real estate.

Taiclet attributed the firm’s growth to the global demand for information that is driving the rapid rollout of the mobile Internet around the world. He  told Forbes that “only 5 percent of the world population is in the U.S., and the other 95 percent are going to want to be able to do all the same things with data.”

Get Nareit Developments blog posts delivered straight to your inbox.

Subscribe

The Nareit Developments section on reit.com provides updates of Nareit's activities and key events impacting the REIT and commercial real estate industry. Nareit is the worldwide representative voice for REITs and publicly traded real estate companies with an interest in U.S. real estate and capital markets. Please see our Terms of Use.