8/31/2020 | By Lizzy Lees
More than 300 REIT industry professionals have registered for Nareit’s inaugural REITworks: 2020 Virtual Conference. REITworks is an educational conference where REIT industry professionals will have the opportunity to learn about the latest developments in environmental stewardship, social responsibility, and good governance impacting the real estate sector. The virtual event will take place Sept. 21-22.
Nareit’s four forums—the ESG Forum, SFO Forum, Dividends Through Diversity and Inclusion Forum, and HR Forum—merged this year to become REITworks. “The beauty of REITworks is that the content has been designed to be relevant to HR, sustainability, and finance professionals. It creates an opportunity for our entire industry to expand their knowledge base by getting access to content that they wouldn’t have otherwise,” said REITworks Program Director and CFO of JBG SMITH (NYSE: JBGS) Steve Theriot. View the latest agenda.
“The peer-to-peer sharing of best practices is the most valuable aspect of the conference,” said Matt Praske, REITworks program director and WashREIT’s (NYSE: WRE) director of energy and sustainability. In a time where the real estate sector is facing unprecedented challenges, REITworks provides the opportunity to come together and learn from the experience of peers and industry experts. View the attendee roster.
Attendees will have the opportunity to:
- Get the latest updates from the SEC, PCAOB, and FASB;
- Earn up to 25 CPE credits;
- Hear case studies from REITs who have successfully implemented D&I programs;
- Get the investor perspective on REIT ESG programs and disclosures; Discuss how ESG will evolve after the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Learn about the potential impact of climate risk on insurance and hear about evaluating and disclosing climate risk;
- And much more.
Register today for Nareit’s REITworks: 2020 Virtual Conference.