NAREIT is seeking nominations for its Leadership Awards. The REIT Industry Leadership Award, presented in memory of former Boston Properties (NYSE: BXP) CEO Edward H. Linde, traditionally is presented to a REIT executive. The REIT Industry Achievement Award is presented to an individual member in memory of E. Lawrence Miller, the former CEO of Bradley Real Estate Trust. A list of previous award recipients is available on REIT.com.
Guidelines for consideration of candidates for both awards include the following:
- Individuals should have a distinguished reputation within the business community at large;
- Individuals should have length and depth of service, both in the REIT and publicly traded real estate industry and as members of NAREIT;
- Individuals should be actively involved in community service;
- Individuals should have written and/or spoken on key industry issues; and
- Individuals should have contributed to increasing understanding of REITs and publicly traded real estate by the public.
Both awards will be presented to the recipients during REITWorld 2015: NAREIT’s Annual Convention for All Things REIT® to be held Nov. 17-19 in Las Vegas.
Please forward the names of awards candidates with supporting information for consideration via mail to NAREIT, Attention: Alex Moss, 1875 I Street, NW, Suite 600, Washington, DC, 20006-5413; via fax at (202) 739-9401; or via email to email@example.com.
The deadline for receipt of nominations is Oct. 1.
(Contact: Alex Moss at firstname.lastname@example.org)