REITs had their second strongest year on record in 2021, with the FTSE Nareit All Equity REITs index posting a total return of 41.3%. While there is still continued uncertainty surrounding the pandemic, the year ahead will likely be a period of economic growth that will drive strong performance across a broad range of real estate and REIT sectors.
Nareit is partnering with Bloomberg Intelligence to host a free webinar on Thursday, Jan. 20 at 11:00 a.m. ET to explore the 2022 REIT market outlook. Nareit's SVP, Research & Economic Analysis, Calvin Schnure, will join a panel of leading portfolio managers to discuss how each property sector has been impacted by the pandemic and the risks and opportunities they represent for investors in the year ahead. Panelists will provide an update on the current economic outlook and the environment it establishes for the REIT industry in 2022.
Panelists for the webinar, Reading the Tea Leaves - The 2022 REIT Market Outlook, include:
- Keith Bokota, Portfolio Manager, Real Estate Securities, Principal Global Investors
- Bernhard Krieg, Managing Director, Public Securities, Brookfield
- Calvin Schnure, Senior Economist, Nareit
- Lindsay Dutch, REIT Equity Analyst, Bloomberg Intelligence (Moderator)
- Jeff Langbaum, Senior REIT Analyst, Bloomberg Intelligence (Moderator)
The webinar will be recorded and available on demand. Learn more and register here.