Annual Awards Recognize Best Shareholder Communications Among REITs
WASHINGTON, DC, (June 2, 2020)— Nareit announced the winners of the 2020 Investor CARE Awards during its annual REITweek Investor Conference. These awards recognize the most effective communication by Nareit corporate members that provides investors with comprehensive, clearly articulated, and useful information. All Nareit members – approximately 200 companies - are evaluated based on their online presence, SEC filings and IR practices by a panel of judges including analysts, portfolio managers and academics.
This year’s winners included:
Large Cap Equity REIT
• Gold: Alexandria Real Estate Equities, Inc. (NYSE: ARE)
• Silver: Camden Property Trust (NYSE: CPT)
• Bronze: Healthpeak Properties, Inc. (NYSE: PEAK)
Small Cap Equity REIT
• Gold: Acadia Realty Trust (NYSE: AKR)
• Silver: Four Corners Property Trust (NYSE: FCPT)
• Bronze: Kite Realty (NYSE: KRG)
• Gold: AGNC Investment Corp. (NASDAQ: AGNC) and Starwood Property Trust (NYSE: STWD)
“Transparent financials and accessible communication with management teams are pillars of the REIT industry,” said Nareit President and CEO Steven A. Wechsler. “The winners of the 12th annual CARE Awards exemplify these traits and we congratulate them on their success.”
This year’s Nareit Investor CARE Award judges included: Bruce G. Garrison, Matt Werner, and Richard Pickert of Chilton Capital REIT Team; Sheila McGrath of Evercore ISI; Merrie S. Frankel of Minerva Realty Consultants, LLC; Paul Adornato, Adjunct Professor at NYU Schack Institute of Real Estate; and Keven Lindemann and Fawad Sharif of S&P Global Market Intelligence.