In 2020, Nareit's Dividends Through Diversity and Inclusion Forum will become a part of Nareit’s REITworks Conference. Held Sept. 21-22, 2020 in Hollywood, Florida, REITworks will bring together commercial real estate professionals working in finance, governance, human resources, investor relations, sustainability, and more. Sign up to learn more about REITworks and to be notified when registration opens.
Diversity and inclusion are important the success of any business. But how can you be sure your company is implementing the best practices in this area?
Whether your organization has had a formal diversity and inclusion program for years—or you’re just figuring out where to start—you’ll gain the skills you need to set your company up for success at Nareit’s Dividends Through Diversity & Inclusion Forum.
Monday, Sept. 16
|11:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.||Registration|
|11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.||Lunch|
|12:30 p.m. - 12:45 p.m.||Welcome|
|12:45 p.m. - 2:15 p.m.||
Blindspot: Hidden Biases of Good People
Learn more about Dr. Banaji's research on implicit bias in her recent interview with REIT magazine.
|2:15 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.||Networking Break|
|2:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.||Blindspot: Hidden Biases of Good People, continued|
|4:00 p.m. – 4:15 p.m.||Networking Break|
|4:15 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.||
Fixing the Flawed Approach to Diversity & Inclusion
|5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.||Reception|
|7:00 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.||Optional Dinner*
*Additional fee and registration required
Forum Registration: $275
Optional Dinner (Monday, September 16): $125
*NOTE: Registration for this forum is for Nareit Corporate and Individual Members only.
Forum Cancellation Policy
Full forum refunds will be issued for cancellations received no later than Friday, August 23, 2019, less a $100 processing fee.
*No refunds will be granted after Friday, August 23, 2019.
The forum attire for Nareit Dividends Through Diversity Forum is business casual.
Fairmont Copley Plaza
138 St. James Avenue
Boston, MA 02116
*NOTE: This is the link to the Fairmont Copley Plaza hotel. This is NOT the link to reserve your hotel room at the Nareit group rate. All registrants will receive a link to reserve their hotel room in the registration confirmation email.
Nareit Group Rates
Standard Room: SOLD OUT
Deluxe Room: SOLD OUT
*Cut off date to receive group rate (pending availability) is Friday, Aug. 23, 2019.
Attendees can use the hotel link in the registration confirmation to book rooms outside of the Nareit room block and join the waitlist for the Fairmont Copley Plaza.
Hotel Reservation Policy
In order to reserve a hotel room within the Nareit negotiated group block, you must first register for the forum. If a hotel room is reserved, but the individual is not registered for the forum, the hotel reservation will be canceled, and their deposit will be forfeited. Should you have questions regarding the hotel, contact Lacey Rimoli-Wiesel at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can reach Staged Right Events offices by calling 954-404-8252. Please do not contact the hotel directly.
Hotel Cancellation Policy
Nareit requires a one night, non-refundable deposit paid to the hotel at time of reservation. Cancellation of additional room nights (not the entire reservation), without penalty, requires notice 72 hours prior to arrival, otherwise additional room and tax penalties may apply and will be charged to the credit card on file. Any changes to your hotel reservation may be done on this site up until 72 hours prior to arrival or by emailing Lacey Rimoli-Wiesel at email@example.com. All change requests are subject to room availability. Please do not call the hotel directly.
The Dividends Through Diversity and Inclusion Initiative’s Steering Committee is made up of the following Nareit members:
- Diane Morefield, CFO, CyrusOne Inc. and Co-Chair of the Steering Committee
- Mary Hogan-Preusse, Founder and Principal, Sturgis Partners LLC and Co-Chair of the Steering Commitee
- Sherry Rexroad, Managing Director-Global REITs, BlackRock and Co-Chair of the Steering Commitee
- Angela Aman, CFO, Brixmor Property Group Inc
- Gemma Burgess, Managaing Director, Ferguson Partners Ltd.
- Kelly Cheng, Director, Barclays
- William Ferguson, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Ferguson Partners Ltd.
- Leslie Hale, CFO and COO, RLJ Lodging Trust
- Lisa Kaufman, Managing Director, LaSalle Investment Management
- Sheila McGrath, Sr. Managing Director, Evercore ISI
- Marguerite M. Nader, President & CEO, Equity Lifestyle Properties, Inc.
- Martin (Hap) Stein, Jr., Chairman & CEO, Regency Centers Corporation
- Tracy Ward, SVP, Investor Relations, Prologis, Inc.
The Dividends Through Diversity and Inclusion Initiative’s Action Team is made up of the following Nareit members:
- Jenny Bean, SVP-HR, Duke Realty Corporation
- Edmund Brady, III, SVP & Chief HR Officer, Ventas, Inc.
- Deborah Coombs, SVP-Property Operations, AvalonBay Communities, Inc.
- Leah Landro, VP-HR, Kimco Realty Corporation
- Carolyn Carter Singh, EVP-Chief Talent Officer, Brixmor Property Group Inc.
- Christy Stone, SVP-Human Captal, Welltower
- Tracy Ward, SVP, Investor Relations, Prologis, Inc.
- Mandi Wedin, VP-Asset Management, Washington REIT
For registration questions, please contact Allison Shaw, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For sponsorship questions, please contact Chris Flood, email@example.com.
For forum programming questions, please contact Bonnie Gottlieb, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For overall forum questions, please contact Pam Coleman, email@example.com.