Learn why diversity and inclusion are important to the success of any business at Nareit’s Dividends Through Diversity Forum. Attend this inaugural event to:
- Discover the latest research about how diversity impacts the bottom line and may influence investor decisions
- Learn how to create or improve a diversity & inclusion program in your company
- Hear directly from large institutional investors regarding the importance of diversity within the companies in which they invest
- Connect with fellow REIT and commercial real estate professionals
Please note: This one-day event will take place in conjunction with Nareit's HR Forum. This event is open to Nareit corporate and individual members, but space is limited.
The Dividends Through Diversity Initiative’s Steering Committee is made up of the following Nareit members:
- Diane Morefield, CFO, CyrusOne Inc., Chair
- Angela Aman, CFO, Brixmor Property Group Inc.
- Kelly Cheng, Director, Barclays
- William Ferguson, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Ferguson Partners Ltd.
- Leslie Hale, CFO and COO, RLJ Lodging Trust
- Mary Hogan-Preusse, Founder and Principal, Sturgis Partners LLC
- Lisa Kaufman, Managing Director, LaSalle Investment Management
- Sheila McGrath, Sr. Managing Director, Evercore ISI
- Marguerite M. Nader, President & CEO, Equity Lifestyle Properties, Inc.
- Sherry Rexroad, Managing Director-Global REITs, BlackRock
- Martin (Hap) Stein, Jr., Chairman & CEO, Regency Centers Corporation
- Tracy Ward, SVP, Investor Relations, Prologis, Inc.
The Dividends Through Diversity Initiative’s Action Team is made up of the following Nareit members:
- Denise Dank, SVP-Chief HR Officer, Duke Realty Corporation
- Leah Landro, VP-HR, Kimco Realty Corporation
- Brad Neilley, SVP-Chief HR Officer, AvalonBay Communities, Inc.
- Christine Riley, Director, Talent & Diversity, Forest City Realty Trust, Inc.
- Carolyn Carter Singh, EVP-Chief Talent Officer, Brixmor Property Group Inc.
- Tracy Ward, SVP, Investor Relations, Prologis, Inc.
- Mandi Wedin, VP-Asset Management, Washington REIT
Monday, Sept. 24
|11:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.||Registration|
|11:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.||Lunch|
|12:30 p.m. - 12:45 p.m.||Welcome|
|12:45 p.m. - 1:45 p.m.||What It Takes to Build a Diverse Leadership Pipeline
Tammy Heermann, SVP, Leadership Transformation, Lee Hecht Harrison
|1:45 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.||Networking Break|
|2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.|| How Cutting-Edge Institutional Investors View Diversity and What you can Learn from their Approach
Sherry Rexroad, Managing Director, Global REITs, BlackRock
Michelle Edkins, Managing Director,Global Head of BlackRock Investment Stewardship, BlackRock
Josh Kawaii-Bogue, Investment Officer of Real Estate Unit, California State Teachers' Retirement System
Sonya Park, VP & Senior Relationship Manager, State Street Global Advisors
|3:00 p.m. – 3:15 p.m||Networking Break|
|3:15 p.m. – 4:15 p.m.||Building a Robust Diversity and Inclusion Program
Dominic Cottone, Managing Director, Leadership Consulting, Ferguson Partners
Katherine Feucht, Partner, Deloitte
Christie Kelly, Global Chief Financial Officer, JLL
Malaika Myers, Chief Human Resources Officer, Hyatt Hotels Corporation
|4:15 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.||Networking Break|
|4:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.||Trends and Analysis: What the Latest Research on Diversity Tells Us
Radhika Papandreou, Managing Director, Ferguson Partners
David Lau, Senior Associate, Corporate Engagement, Catalyst
Serena Wolfe, Partner, EY and Chair of Womens Leadership Initiative - ULI
Maital Guttman, Global Strategic Inclusion Manager, GLAM and HLN, McKinsey
|5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.||Reception|
|7:00 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.||Optional Dinner*
*Additional fee and registration required
Forum Registration: $250
Optional Dinner (Monday, September 24): $125
*NOTE: Registration for this Forum is for Nareit Corporate and Individual Members only.
The conference attire for Nareit Dividends Through Diversity Forum is business casual.
200 N Columbus Dr.
Chicago, IL 60601
Note: This is the link to the Fairmont Chicago hotel. This is NOT the link to reserve your hotel room at the Nareit group rate. All registrants will receive a link to reserve your hotel room in the registration confirmation email.
Nareit Group Rates
Fairmont Guest Room: $295.00
*Cut off date to receive group rate (pending availability) is Friday, August 24, 2018.
Conference Cancellation Policy
All cancellations must be received in writing to Tracie Betts at email@example.com . Full conference refunds will be issued for cancellations received no later than Friday, August 24, 2018, less a $100 processing fee.
*No refunds will be granted after Friday, August 24, 2018.
Hotel Cancellation Policy
Nareit requires a one night, non-refundable deposit paid to the hotel at time of reservation. Cancellation of additional room nights (not the entire reservation), without penalty, requires notice 72 hours prior to arrival, otherwise additional room and tax penalties may apply and will be charged to the credit card on file. Any changes to your hotel reservation may be done on this site up until 72 hours prior to arrival or by emailing Lacey Rimoli-Wiesel at firstname.lastname@example.org. All change requests are subject to room availability. Please do not call the hotel directly.
For registration questions, please contact Tracie Betts, email@example.com,
For sponsorship questions, please contact Chris Flood, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For forum programming questions, please contact Bonnie Gottlieb, email@example.com.
For overall forum questions, please contact Pam Coleman, firstname.lastname@example.org.